Subject: Re: Hidden(?) dependancy between devel/gmake and
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Lars Nordlund <lars.nordlund@hem.utfors.se>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/09/2005 19:21:22
Mon 2005-05-09 klockan 12:57 +0200 skrev Juan RP:
> On Sun, 08 May 2005 23:20:55 +0200
> Are you using NetBSD 1.6? you can try something like this to see the
> buildlink dependencies:
>
> $ make show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_DEPENDS
>
> or
>
> $ make show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_PACKAGES
>
> There is a libiconv dependency because your system maybe doesn't
> have it or libiconv/builtin.mk can't find it.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. BUILDLINK_PACKAGES shows the dependancy
to iconv.

Shouldn't 'make clean-depends' be fixed so it cleans these dependancies
also? As it is now it feels like we are leaking work directories? Or am
I perhaps missing something?

And to complicate things even further.. While trying to extend
'show-depends-dirs' to also include the extra variables, I see that it
is not easily done. Since they are on a different format, lacking the
path to the package they represent.

Best regards
	Lars Nordlund