Subject: Re: Hidden(?) dependancy between devel/gmake and
To: Lars Nordlund <lars.nordlund@hem.utfors.se>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/09/2005 13:44:15
On Sun, 08 May 2005 23:20:55 +0200
Lars Nordlund <lars.nordlund@hem.utfors.se> wrote:

> Huh? show-depends-dirs gave the empty list, but it started installing
> libiconv anyway. The only link to from gmake to libiconv I can find is
> through the included gettext-lib/buildlink3.mk file. A bit strange
> since gettext-lib will never be installed. Most likely the reason for
> pulling in libiconv, but there is still a problem. Doing a 'make
> clean-depends' will _not_ clean libiconv.

gmake is built by default with locale support (which requires libiconv),
libiconv requires gettext-lib... this is the order (more or less):

* gmake -> libiconv/buildlink3.mk/builtin.mk -> gettext-lib/builtin.mk

Libiconv requires gettext-lib, its builtin.mk file is checked to know
if your system has the minimal dependency, otherwise the package
will be installed.

They are buildlink3 dependencies not "normal" dependencies, this
is why show-depends-dirs doesn't show nothing.