Subject: Re: HEADS UP: change regarding vulnerable packages
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/07/2005 00:18:39
On Fri, 6 May 2005, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>> Is that policy visible somewhere, and
>> what parts of documentation need updating for this?
>
> Tell me a place where we document policies such as these,
> and I'll document it.

I guess a policy about vulnerable packages should be documented near the
policy about packages in general. I guess the closest thing to such a
document would be somewhere in section 5 "Creating binary packages" of the
pkgsrc guide. Maybe add a new section 5.3.9 "Handling vulnerable
packages".

(It may be worth investigating to move "5.3 Doing a bulk build of all
packages" into the pkgsrc Developers' guide, e.g. as 11.4.)

> The guide has been updated.

The pkgsrc or NetBSD guide? :) They may both need checking.
Also, there are more places that mention the additional place:

  * src/distrib/notes/common/postinstall
  * src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/add/pkg_add.1 and any other places like
    pkgsrc/bootstrap/... this manpage resides

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)