Subject: Re: SBCL package bootstrapping
To: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/06/2005 12:19:56
On Thu, 5 May 2005, Jon Buller wrote:
> I have a package for SBCL, a ANSI Common Lisp compiler, that is
> about ready to show to the world.  However, it needs a Common Lisp
> system to build it.  This could be a binary package of SBCL itself,
> or CLisp.  SBCL is a lot faster...

Not knowing either, but I think requiring a binary (which someone has to
prepare, maintain, etc., for various platforms) is more effort than
something that can be built from source. If CLisp works and can be used as
a (build time) dependency, that may be easier.

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)