Subject: preserving bulk-cache files (was: goals for NetBSD binary packages)
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/05/2005 20:45:49

Jan Schaumann <> wrote:
> True.  I'll create dependstrees for my different bulk-build machines
> once from i386, once from amd64 and once from native and compare the
> output to see where it's feasable to move the files over.

Hmm, I just compared the dependstree, order and index files for
NetBSD/amd64, NetBSD/mipseb, IRIX64 and IRIX, and unfortunately there
are differences between all of them.  So in order to allow for
preserving bulk-cache files across different architectures is not really

The only time this would save us work, then, would be if one had one
very fast machine of a specific architecture and one rather slow one,
using the slow one to bulk-build...  ie, it doesn't make sense.

Too bad.

This one's tricky. You have to use imaginary numbers, like eleventeen...

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)