Subject: Re: bulk build+pkg_comp+libkver
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: None <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/05/2005 11:38:24
Juan RP writes:
 > agc suggested to install libkver into another LOCALBASE, and it works.

I haven't tried this particular solution, but have been wrestling with
the same problem (i.e., bulk builds and pkg_comp) recently.  My
solution was to modify mk/bulk/pre-build to preserve the contents of
the libkver package if it was present.  The reasoning is much the same
as for preserving the bootstrap tools for non-NetBSD packages.  The
result of my patch is that one need do nothing special for a bulk
build within the pkg_comp chroot environment when using libkver.

If there is interest in this approach, I would be glad to dredge out
my patch.

Is there a better approach to the problem of getting bulk builds,
pkg_comp, and libkver to play well together?

Cheers,
Brook