Subject: Re: how to kill any O* when compiling
To: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/04/2005 19:36:11
On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 19:14 +0200, Timo Schoeler wrote:
> hi,
>
> i have lots of (runtime only) troubles with db4 on macppc and sparc64.
>
> for macppc there's a statement in hacks.mk that kills any O* statements
> if gcc is <3.3 (although even later gccs seem to cause problems, i'm
> testing this).
>
> however, is there a way to kill any O* statements when building the
> package? i tried sth. like CFLAGS-=-O* and COPTS-=-O* in /etc/mk.conf,
> but this didn't work (there were still -O2's)...
>
> any idea?

Try adding this to mk.conf (untested) or to the package makefiles:

BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+=	rm:-O[0-9]*

BTW, I also had problems with perl built with -O2 under Linux/ppc (well,
in fact it didn't built because miniperl gave problems at runtime, thus
breaking the build).  Is GCC so buggy under this arch?

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/