Subject: Re: how to show BUILDLINK3 variables? and not used
To: Juan RP <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/03/2005 10:25:52
On Tue, 3 May 2005, Juan RP wrote:

> > bmake PKG_PHASE=wrapper show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_BUILTIN_MK.iconv
> >
> > But received no output while in pkgsrc/x11/xearth.
> You don't received any output because libiconv's buildlink3 is not included?

But it is included by fontconfig which is included by xorg-libs.

And every time, it attempts to use install the libiconv. I don't want
this. And I don't want to use PREFER_NATIVE+=iconv (which still is not

I want to fix converters/libiconv/ to do the right thing.

I added "fail" to the top of
converters/libiconv/ and a "bmake" in x11/xearth still tries to
built iconv.

But when I do a bmake in fonts/fontconfig then it fails instantly because
of my forced error.

Somehow, somewhere the converters/libiconv/ is being skipped
when I attempt to build xearth.

Any ideas?

 Jeremy C. Reed