Subject: dealing with 'click-to-accept-GPL' download?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/30/2005 08:46:46
--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

Hi-

I'm just starting work on a pkg for the latest "Free" version of VNC, from
realvnc.com.  The license on it is GPL version 2, but in order to download
it from their site, you need to "accept" the license via a CGI script, which
makes it somewhat tricky to download in an automated fashion.  I've looked
to see if there's another "official" source for the distribution tarball, but
haven't as yet found one.

How do folks think I should handle this one?  I know other packages with
interactive license acceptance require the user to manually download
and place the distribfile in distdir, but that seems a little extreme
for a license which is just the vanilla GPL.  I've also thought of mirroring
the distfile, and making that the "master" location for download from a
pkgsrc perspective - any reason I shouldn't?

Are there any blindingly obvious options I'm missing?

+j

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l--