Subject: Re: packages hierarchy and README.html
To: Dan McMahill <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/27/2005 19:33:28
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Dan McMahill wrote:

> I've played around some with a fairly simple shell script
> which runs pkg_info and creates a cache file for each directory.

This seems a little similar to my script to generate my database hopefully
to be used to create an apt-get/yum/up2date/urpmi equivalent.
(I need to fix the LibRequires because currently pkgsrc records too much

It does not generate HTML, but does collect the meta-data.

Well not really related to your thread, but information could easily be
used to create nice HTML pages.

(My plan is to have the end-user who doesn't use pkgsrc-build-from-source
download the big tar ball of "available" packages; and then use a smart
tool to compare what is installed and if updates can be done cleanly and
then do it.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links