Subject: buildlink swallows -Wl,-R args ?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/26/2005 11:28:10
--kXdP64Ggrk/fb43R

Hi,

I'm working on a package that will install into ${PREFIX}/foo, with
libraries going into ${PREFIX}/foo/lib.  I added

CFLAGS+=3D	${COMPILER_RPATH_FLAG}${PREFIX}/foo/lib

but the resulting binaries look for the shared libraries in the
${WRKSRC}/build/lib directories.

My work.log shows lines like

    (logic) pop:  -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/foo/lib
    (logic) to:

and

    (logic) pop:  -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/foo/lib
    (logic) to:    [cached]
    (logic) push:

So it seems to me that somewhere buildlink accepts my explicitly passed
-Wl,-R flags, swallows and discards them.

That is not quite what I want, I'm afraid.

What's a poor boy to do?

-Jan

--=20
I seem to be having this tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle.

--kXdP64Ggrk/fb43R

--kXdP64Ggrk/fb43R--