Subject: Re: goals for NetBSD binary packages
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/25/2005 16:52:16
--84ND8YJRMFlzkrP4

John Klos <john@ziaspace.com> wrote:

> After 25 hours, a 60 MHz m68060 Amiga is still doing up and down
> dependency files. It'd be nice if all of this work could be done on a
> fast machine and the slow machines could just do the actual
> compiling...

That should be possible -- you should be able to run 'make bulk-cache'
in /usr/pkgsrc on a different machine and copy over the files.  We'd
probably need some glue and a flag to run the bulk-build without
rebuilding this, but that should not be all too complex.

-Jan

--=20
'I have reached an age where my main purpose is not to receive
messages.' --- Umberto Eco, quoted in the New Yorker

--84ND8YJRMFlzkrP4

--84ND8YJRMFlzkrP4--