Subject: Re: Still a challenge: pkgsrc on IRIX 6.5
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/25/2005 15:43:32
--tqI+Z3u+9OQ7kwn0

Timo Schoeler <wanker4freedom@web.de> wrote:
=20
> * tried to build sth from pkgsrc -- now it *loops*. yes, it loops. i'll=
=20
> provide an example of this tomorrow or so.

Please do.  If the logfile is too large to post to the list, please put
it online somewhere and send the URL.  If that's not an option, please
email me off-list.

> however, now going to the main point of my email:
>=20
> i'd really like to contribute to the IRIX side of pkgsrc, but to do so=20
> i have to be able to run it...
>=20
> is there any volunteer to have a peek on my machine? the machine is=20
> accessable from the net when it's up and running...

I'll be glad to do so.  Feel free to send me account information in
encrypted email.

FWIW, I revived my old O2 and did bootstrap and build various packages
using gcc, so there's nothing fundametally wrong with the framework,
AFAICT.  Right now that machine is busy bulk-building using the MIPSPro
compiler -- once it finishes, I'll do a bulk-build using gcc.

-Jan

--=20
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a=20
month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis."

--tqI+Z3u+9OQ7kwn0

--tqI+Z3u+9OQ7kwn0--