Subject: alsa (was Re: PAM enabled by default in packages that support it?)
To: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/25/2005 12:07:00
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Georg Schwarz wrote:

> would be setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=alsa a good idea on a Linux system
> with Alsa support?

I think that would be a fine idea.

>`Would that give me Alsa support with every package that
> provides it?

No, it won't work at this time, because no packages have that as a
condition. (Most have something like --disable-alsa for now.)

I use alsa for my audio/arts for example.

Please test my two pkgsrc-wip alsa packages. I already received feedback
saying it was okay to import, but I didn't do yet.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/