Subject: Re: goals for NetBSD binary packages
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/25/2005 20:56:54
> Binary package builds are running for NetBSD 1.6.2 on m68k, but NetBSD 2.0
> is broken on m68k, and until it's fixed, I won't be running 2.0 on any of
> my m68k machines.

I wonder why both the amiga and the mac68k port web page give the impression
of NetBSD 2.0 running just fine.

> Startup of a bulk package build on a VAXstation 4000/60 has already taken
> 45 hours and it's still building the depends tree. Same with a 40 MHz
> m68040 Mac Quadra 605. After 25 hours, a 60 MHz m68060 Amiga is still
> doing up and down dependency files. It'd be nice if all of this work could
> be done on a fast machine and the slow machines could just do the actual
> compiling...

Compiling on a 50 MHz (or 100, depending on which marketing philosophy you
follow :-)) R4000 I for your know what you mean...

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 georg.schwarz@freenet.de  +49 178 8545053