Subject: Re: PAM enabled by default in packages that support it?
To: Jason Thorpe <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/25/2005 10:14:01
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> Now that PAM is in the base system, seems like packages that support PAM
> should have that support enabled by default, yes?

This is fine, so long as the packages in question include
and do *not* turn on the support if PAM_TYPE ends up as "none" (for OS's not
supporting one of the pkgsrc-supplied PAM packages).

On that note, I'll now add a special conditional to to
prevent use of any pkgsrc pam packages on Interix, as that needs... a little
work, considering its auth system is very weird.  :)

-- Todd Vierling <> <> <>