Subject: Re: mail/thunderbird-gtk2 fails to build on Solaris 10
To: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/24/2005 09:28:50
On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 09:20:41PM +0000, sigsegv@rambler.ru wrote:

> >>Thanks for that, the fix seems to work, it just finished building
> >>thunderbird-gtk2 without any errors.
> >

> >YOW -- that was a fast fix -- esecially for a monstor app like
> >Thunderbird.  (Or maybe I just need to get over my skepticism!)
> >In any case, this is great. Thanks, you guys!
> >
> Well I found out it compiled OK, but there is a problem, it doesn't
> work, when I start thunderbird it complains about not being able to
> initialize browser's security features or something and then it dies
> with segmentation fault

yes, I saw this too. I filed a PR for this after fixing the original
problem:

	http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=29647

iirc, this was also seen some time ago in mozilla/firefox on Solaris.
I haven't yet had a chance to dig through the CVS logs to find the
change, but I suspect it will apply cleanly to Thunderbird, too.

grant.