Subject: Re: libtool stripping "-framework" directives?
To: Idar Tollefsen <idart@performancedesign.no>
From: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/23/2005 09:06:42
Idar Tollefsen wrote:
> I recently added to pkg/28647, which deals with this problem
> (http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=28647).
>
> Another work-around is to do:
> .if ${OPSYS} == "Darwin"
>  LIBTOOL_OVERRIDE=    /usr/bin/glibtool
> .endif
> in the Makefile. I haven't tested whether or not it's possible to set
> the override in mk.conf to make it global or not.

A similar problem with '-framework' directives for ethereal is reported
in pkg/29949. When I try the LIBTOOL_OVERRIDE work-around, I get the
following at the end of the configure phase:

--------------------

The Ethereal package has been configured with the following options.
                    Build ethereal : yes
                   Build tethereal : yes
                    Build capinfos : yes
                     Build editcap : yes
                    Build mergecap : yes
                   Build text2pcap : yes
                     Build idl2eth : yes
                     Build randpkt : no
                      Build dftest : yes

                    Install setuid : no
                       Use plugins : yes
               Use GTK+ v2 library : yes
                       Use threads : yes
            Build profile binaries : no
                  Use pcap library : yes
                  Use zlib library : yes
                  Use pcre library : yes
              Use kerberos library : no
              Use GNU ADNS library : no
            Use SSL crypto library : yes
          Use IPv6 name resolution : yes
     Use UCD SNMP/NET-SNMP library : yes (net-snmp)
rm: /usr/bin/glibtool: Permission denied
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /Volumes/NetBSD/pkgsrc/local/ethereal
===>
===> There was an error during the ``configure'' phase.
===> Please investigate the following for more information:
===>      * config.log
===>      * /Volumes/NetBSD/pkgsrc/local/ethereal/work/.work.log
===>
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /Volumes/NetBSD/pkgsrc/local/ethereal

I find nothing in config.log files or .work.log that refers to 'rm' or
to /usr/bin/glibtool (and very few instances of 'libtool' for that matter).

Any alternate clues/suggestions for this?

Thanks,
Mark