Subject: make: Unclosed variable specification for MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/22/2005 12:00:55
This is related to the "mk/tools/replace.mk" thread going on, I think.

What is the portable way to replace the nbmake :ts modifier?

This is netbsd-1-6 which as far as I can tell has no pullups for
src/usr.bin/make/.

rainier:/usr/pkgsrc/www/firefox$ make
===> Checking for vulnerabilities in firefox-1.0.3
===> Configuring for firefox-1.0.3
cd /usr/pkg/tmp/pkgsrc/www/firefox/work.rainier/mozilla &&
/usr/pkg/bin/autoconf-2.13
cd /usr/pkg/tmp/pkgsrc/www/firefox/work.rainier/mozilla/nsprpub &&
/usr/pkg/bin/autoconf-2.13
make: Unclosed variable specification for MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS
Segmentation fault - core dumped

It seems like this is fixed for 2.0 and -current according to emails from
February 2004. But what about netbsd-1-6?

Strange that I didn't hit this before.

The new Makefile-firefox.common has:

MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS+=    cookie
MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS+=    gnomevfs
MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS+=    inspector
MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS+=    negotiateauth
MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS+=    pref
MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS+=    transformiix
MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS+=    universalchardet
MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS+=    webservices
MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS+=    xml-rpc
MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS+=    xmlextras
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-extensions=${MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS:ts,}

I don't have modifier :ts.

rainier:/usr/pkgsrc/www/firefox$ make show-var VARNAME=CONFIGURE_ARGS
make: Unclosed variable specification for MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I tested with
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-extensions="${MOZILLA_EXTENSIONS}"
because looking at configure it appears it doesn't specifically care about
commas  and just replaces with spaces anyways.

That did not work. Also :Q does not appear to work, since it
MOZ_EXTENSIONS keeps the \ escaped spaces.

I ended up just setting all one one line delimited with commas.

Anyways, what is the portable way to replace that :ts modifier?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/