Subject: Re: documentation again [was: Re: MAKE_FLAGS or MAKEFLAGS?]
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/21/2005 19:51:52
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Todd Vierling wrote:
>> I doubt it will be better maintained in pkgsrc/doc/guide than in src.
>
> Why?  pkgsrc/doc/guide is the canonical documentation for pkgsrc, and
> certainly any doc related to pkgsrc should be maintained there (lest the
> list of variables, etc. gets out of sync over time).

Um, I don't think the bitrot in src/.../packages.7 is due to the fact that
the file's not in pkgsrc.

But either way, the question then is, what with all the documentation in
pkgsrc/mk/*? Who'll move that do pkgsrc/doc/guide?

And who'll work on the packages.7 move?

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)