Subject: Re: Problem with mk/platform/Interix.mk
To: Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/21/2005 08:32:43
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:

> 	I've built quite a number of packages, firefox-gtk1 was the first one that
> hit this. There are many packages that do not build on Interix yet and some that only
> build with hacks (eg. sylpheed builds if you comment out the dependencies on gpgme
> and metamail which don't build). Given that firefox is available native in Windows
> it probably hasn't been tried very often.

One of the big problems with *all* gtk1/gtk2 packages is that there is
something in glib's dlopen() support ("gmodule") that is not working
properly on Interix.  This causes gtk-pixbuf not to build (separate package
with gtk1; built in to gtk2).  I haven't had the time to dig deeply into
that code yet due to $orkplace constraints.

It's possible that the other crashes you've encountered are related to the
broken gmodule support, although I'm pretty sure that firefox has its own
loadable module support.

BTW, the fix for ulimit is now committed to pkgsrc.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>