Subject: Re: Problem with mk/platform/Interix.mk
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/21/2005 09:58:56
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:28:41 -0700 (PDT)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:

> And http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/send-pr.html links to a web-based form
> (link is at bottom of page).

	Thanks.

> > 	Unfortunately Interix ulimit doesn't do -m, it does do -v
> > so I suggest this line as a replacement.
>
> I'll let someone else answer about this.
>
> But I find it strange that nobody else noticed this since this line has
> been there since Oct. 6, 2004 (revision 1.1).

	I've built quite a number of packages, firefox-gtk1 was the first one that
hit this. There are many packages that do not build on Interix yet and some that only
build with hacks (eg. sylpheed builds if you comment out the dependencies on gpgme
and metamail which don't build). Given that firefox is available native in Windows
it probably hasn't been tried very often.

> Does the ulimit give some error? Or does this mean it just does nothing?
> Or does this mean the wrong shell is being used?

	It gives an error:

$ ulimit -m
sh: ulimit: -m: unknown option

	I'm using default shell in Interix (which is pdksh invoked with -o posix).