Subject: Re: pkg-config vs. buildlink3
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/20/2005 11:13:52
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Juan RP wrote:

> > I'd suggest we complain (via https://bugs.freedesktop.org/). If someone
> > sets PKG_CONFIG_PATH then they shoujld not get default pc_path added to
> > it. Maybe we could add a ./configure option to disable this.
> >
> > We could use ./configure --with-pc-path but that would break our
> > pkg-config for non-pkgsrc uses.
>
> There's already the option --with-pc-path:
>
> --with-pc-path          Override the default search path for .pc files
>
> We can set it to /dev/null...

Yes, I know (I didn't mean to imply to create --with-pc-path because I
knew it existed). We probably should not do that. That was my point:

  We could use ./configure --with-pc-path but that would break our
  pkg-config for non-pkgsrc uses.

If someone uses pkg-config without defining the environment variable then
they will get no results (if set to /dev/null as the default).

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/