Subject: Re: pkg-config vs. buildlink3
To: Juan RP <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/20/2005 10:51:16
> Thanks I just found it, I suggest to do the following:
> search_path = getenv ("PKG_CONFIG_PATH");
> if (search_path) {
> 	add_search_dirs(search_path, G_SEARCHPATH_SEPARATOR_S);
> } else

That seems better to me also.

I see that pkg-config just recently broke this. See:

   * main.c (main): Use add_search_dirs for both the compile-time
   defined pc_path and the run-time defined PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

I'd suggest we complain (via If someone
sets PKG_CONFIG_PATH then they shoujld not get default pc_path added to
it. Maybe we could add a ./configure option to disable this.

We could use ./configure --with-pc-path but that would break our
pkg-config for non-pkgsrc uses.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training