Subject: Re: qt3-tools on OS X
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: John D. Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/18/2005 10:10:06
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Todd Vierling wrote:

> > > This is also the case for 10.2.8 Client.

> > > Not yet.  I'll see about doing that as soon as I can return to it.  Shouldn't
> > > this be included automatically?
> >
> > Maybe by the configure script, but it may still lack a few things for darwin.
> > In my case I had to add -lresolv to several makefiles.
>
> If dlopen(3) is being used in qt3-libs (as referenced by qt3-tools), then
> qt3-libs should include "../../mk/dlopen.buildlink3.mk", which (among other
> important things for proper dlopen support) adds -ldl for Darwin.  The
> inclusion should be in both the qt3-libs Makefile and buildlink3.mk.

Following the patch for qt3-libs, it builds and installs just fine on
MacOS X 10.2.8.  It would appear that qt3-libs does not require the cited
buildlink3 file.

But the qt3-tools package has many unresolved references to the symbols
noted above.  I've been manually adding "-ldl" to the LIBS definition
in various package Makefiles (which appear to be generated by other
scripting) and restarting the build.

It remains to be seen what other additions will need to be made to get
it all built on MacOS X 10.2.8.  It appears 10.3.x has a different(?) set
of issues.

--
John D. Baker, KN5UKS                    NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
jdbaker(at)mylinuxisp(dot)com                 OpenBSD            FreeBSD