Subject: Re: qt3-tools on OS X
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/18/2005 10:38:48
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > > I didn't run on this one. On my system (OS X 10.3 server), these are in libdl.
> >
> > This is also the case for 10.2.8 Client.
> >
> > > Did you try adding -ldl to the relevant Makefile ?
> >
> > Not yet.  I'll see about doing that as soon as I can return to it.  Shouldn't
> > this be included automatically?
>
> Maybe by the configure script, but it may still lack a few things for darwin.
> In my case I had to add -lresolv to several makefiles.

If dlopen(3) is being used in qt3-libs (as referenced by qt3-tools), then
qt3-libs should include "../../mk/dlopen.buildlink3.mk", which (among other
important things for proper dlopen support) adds -ldl for Darwin.  The
inclusion should be in both the qt3-libs Makefile and buildlink3.mk.

This change would require a PKGREVISION bump.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>