Subject: Re: ${ENV} vs. ${SETENV}
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.apr.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/16/2005 14:25:01
Roland Illig wrote:

> Sadly, I got no feedback about my second approach of
> platform.default.mk. The argument of Hubert still stands that my version
> might be slower than the current one. But compared to other components
> of pkgsrc, I think this is negligible.

Is it necessary to use your platform.default.mk for every invocation of
bmake?
I think the information produced by this file is mostly static, so
call it once for every package (cached somewhere in WRKDIR) or even
better, only once every time the version information of
platform.default.mk changes.
On the other hand, I do not know where we should permanently store the
result if the pkgsrc tree was read-only (eg, on NFS).

ciao
     Klaus