Subject: EXTRA_LOAD_FLAGS and imake?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/15/2005 22:13:08
Building audio/xwave under Linux failed due to not being able to see X
libraries used for libXaw.

Under NetBSD, the cc line ended with:
 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/pkg/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib

This was missing in the Linux build.

The imake-generated Makefile had this defined under NetBSD with:

 EXTRA_LOAD_FLAGS = -Wl,-rpath,$(USRLIBDIRPATH)

But that was blank on the Linux system. Manually defining it fixed it for
Linux.

The EXTRA_LOAD_FLAGS is defined by ExtraLoadFlags in the imake
configurations.

I am using pkgsrc xorg under Linux.

On my NetBSD system, I think it is defined in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/bsdLib.rules.

But on the Linux system, it is not defined I think because of default:
#define UseRpath NO

That is normal for Linux, because Linux distributions want you to use
ld.so.conf.

Any ideas about this?

I don't think I should have to patch for Linux since imake/xmkmf should do
the correct thing.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/