Subject: RE: DragonFly BSD & pkgsrc
To: Reid Thompson <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/15/2005 12:10:29
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Reid Thompson wrote:

> improvements since yesterday?  I installed Dfly and pkgsrc last nite (
> pkgsrc installation re ).

Probably nothing that will matter for you. I am not sure though. The
recent fixes are:

- Don't build the DGA extension on the unsupported architectures.

- Apply patch from OpenBSD CVS to fix libXpm vulnerability

- Apply patch from FreeBSD/ports to fix the problem with the radeon
  driver switching from graphics to text mode.

You could probably update by doing:

    cd /usr/pkgsrc
    cvs up -dP

   cvs up -dP meta-pkgs/xorg x11/xorg-*

But note that updating just one part of pkgsrc can cause failures. It is
always a good idea to update it all at a time, because packages may
include information in other directories.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links