Subject: RE: DragonFly BSD & pkgsrc
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <Pablo.Docampo.Dieguez@sergas.es>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/15/2005 14:46:25
> Hi,
> Looking for a little guidance...
>=20
> Installed DragonFly 1.2 RELEASE from ISO, prior to following=20
> the process
> outlined on  http://gobsd.com/ (Using the NetBSD Packages Collection
> (pkgsrc) on DragonFlyBSD ) I installed nothing else other=20
> than the extra
> packages available on the ISO ( i.e. no pkg_add, no exe's built from
> source, etc)
>=20
> Followed instructions on http://gobsd.com/ to setup pkgsrc on fresh
> install of DragonFly 1.2 RELEASE.
>=20
> cd /usr/
> cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.us.netbsd.org:/cvsroot co pkgsrc
>=20
> cd /usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap
> ./bootstrap --pkgdbdir /var/db/netbsdpkg
>=20
> added the line "X11_TYPE=3Dxorg" to /etc/mk.conf at this point.
>=20
> cp work/mk.conf.example /etc/mk.conf
>=20
> configured PATH to add /usr/pkg/bin & /usr/pkg/xorg/bin
>=20
> cd /usr/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/xorg
> bmake install
>=20
> build fails.  Does the page http://gobsd.com/ (Using the=20
> NetBSD Packages
> Collection (pkgsrc) on DragonFlyBSD ) leave out a step or=20
> something?  Or
> is this just broken?

Is the problem related with devel/zlib? I mailed to the list some days ag=
o about that... If this is your problem, cd to devel/zlib and bmake insta=
ll there and then go on with meta-pkgs/xorg.

Anyway I see some problems with pkgsrc in DragonFly (for example, kde3 an=
d bittorrent doesn't compile, dri doesn't work) but pkgsrc is recent to t=
his system so I suppose in a near future we will have an almost fully fun=
ctional pkgsrc in DF.

Did the bulk compilation of packages for DF begin?

<PoLiTvS>

Nota: La informaci=F3n contenida en este mensaje y sus posibles documento=
s adjuntos es privada y confidencial y est=E1 dirigida =FAnicamente a su =
destinatario. Si usted no es el destinatario original de este mensaje, po=
r favor elim=EDnelo. La distribuci=F3n o copia de este mensaje no est=E1 =
autorizada.=20

Note: The information in this message and any attachments that may be inc=
luded with it, is private and confidential and is directed exclusively to=
 the message's recipient. If you are not the original recipient of this m=
essage, please erase it. Distribution or copying of this message isn=B4t =
authorized