Subject: Re: Forcing update of config/rc.d files
To: David Brownlee <abs@absd.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/12/2005 11:15:12
David Brownlee wrote:
>     Is there any command that can be run to report which installed
>     config files differ from the defaults in $PREFIX/share/examples?
>
>     After various package upgrades I have some machines which have
>     accumulated out of date config and rc.d scripts (I have
>     PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=yes), and I'd like to know which ones.

You can "cd" into each of the /var/db/* directories and run:

	./+FILES CHECK-REMOVE
	./+RCD_SCRIPTS CHECK-REMOVE

CHECK-REMOVE will list all of the files that are different from the
sample files and that they are safe to remove.  It doesn't actually
touch any of the files on your filesystem, so it's perfectly safe to run.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>