Subject: Re: Where is CFLAGS set?
To: Idar Tollefsen <>
From: Georg Schwarz <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/09/2005 15:32:22
>  From the GCC manual:
> "If you use multiple -O options, with or without level numbers, the last
> such option is the one that is effective."
> So if your CFLAGS were '-O2 -m486 -O3', -O3 would be used, meaning that
> you had what you wanted all along :-)

I know. Nevertheless it is better not to have to rely on the order of

> And why "CFLAGS+=" in mk.conf instead of just "CFLAGS="? You told it to
> _add_ your flags.

I did, on good purpose. There might be situations that packages add something
on their own to CFLAGS.
My question was how to prevent pkgsrc from adding the -O2 optimizer flag.
Thanks to another reply this issue has been solved.

Georg Schwarz  +49 178 8545053