Subject: Re: mk/OpSys.dist files
To: Roland Illig <roland.illig@gmx.de>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/09/2005 10:03:05
* On 2005-04-08 at 18:46 BST, Roland Illig wrote:

> I once suggested a variable PKGSRC_OPTIONS for this case, which
> would be a list of these values:
>
>     nonroot -- assume that the user does not have root access,
>                neither when building a package nor when installing
>                it.
>     developer -- enable PLIST checks and the like.
>     quiet -- MAKE_FLAGS+=-s and CONFIGURE_ARGS+=-q for GNU_CONFIGURE.
>
> Is anyone interested that I integrate the PKGSRC_OPTIONS into pkgsrc?

I'd certainly like the nonroot knob (which will basically add "-W" to
mtree calls, set all *OWN/*GRP variables to local user, and make
chown/chgrp etc NOPs).  Searching the archives should produce configs
from people who do nonroot work, if not I can provide some.

Thanks,

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/