Subject: Re: add ${X11BASE}/bin into PREPEND_PATH when USE_X11 (was Re:
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/07/2005 16:52:27
On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> > > rainier:/usr/pkgsrc/x11/Xaw3d$ make show-var VARNAME=PREPEND_PATH
> > > /usr/pkg/bin /usr/X11R6/bin
> > > /usr/pkg/tmp/pkgsrc/x11/Xaw3d/work.rainier/.gcc/bin
> > > /usr/pkg/tmp/pkgsrc/x11/Xaw3d/work.rainier/.tools/bin
> > > /usr/pkg/tmp/pkgsrc/x11/Xaw3d/work.rainier/.buildlink/bin
> > > /usr/pkg/tmp/pkgsrc/x11/Xaw3d/work.rainier/.wrapper/bin

Right, and as noted earlier, this is reversed (hence the variable name
PREPEND_...) to get the final result.

I'd go one further as to say that the line probably should read

so as to put LOCALBASE *earlier* in the path than X11BASE.  Since pkgsrc
tends to prefer stuff it creates, that's probably a more proper ordering.
The USE_IMAKE conditional was, I believe, based on the original .if
conditional used to se PREPEND_PATH before my first round of recursion
unwinding work.

-- Todd Vierling <> <>