Subject: Re: abiword PLIST, install and ./make-html.sh
To: Adam Ciarcinski <adam@albedo.art.pl>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/07/2005 08:09:32
On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Adam Ciarcinski wrote:

> The script should not need X-windows running.  At least it does not on my
> NetBSD.  Does AbiWord itself runs correctly?  Without the documentation?

Abiword appears to work.

Clicking Help > Help Contents brings up a webbrowser (firefox for me) with
this document:
file:///usr/share/AbiSuite-2.2/AbiWord/help/en-US/index.html

It is an empty page and now I see it is only one byte: a newline.

I clicked Help > Help Introduction and a firefox "Choose User
Profile" dialog came up -- it seems like it would use same firefox
instance.

I closed firefox and tried again.
file:///usr/share/AbiSuite-2.2/AbiWord/help/en-US/introduction.html
is also a one byte file. And the credits file is only one byte.

Clicking on the "life preserver / floatation device" graphic also brings
up empty webpage.

Now I see that all HTML files under my
/usr/share/AbiSuite-2.2/AbiWord/help are one byte.

Abiword appears to work. Except the Check Spelling ... is grayed
out.

One message dumped on console when I clicked on Tools > Spelling >
Spelling Options:

(abiword:12293): libglade-WARNING **: Could not load support for `gnome':
libgnome.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have enchant-1.1.3nb3 and aspell-0.60.2. Oh nevermind about the speller
-- I don't have the dictionaries installed. (Maybe aspell installation
should suggest that?)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/