Subject: print-la-libnames and not found and added to PLIST
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/04/2005 22:35:44
So gettext-0.14.3 lists some archives files in libtool la files that end
up not being installed.

The Makefiles remove the files at installation time; the comments say:
# No need to install libgettextsrc.a, except on AIX.
# No need to install libgettextlib.a, except on AIX.

pkgsrc complains:

/usr/pkgsrc/wip/gettext-tools/../../mk/scripts/print-la-libnames:
`lib/libgettextlib.a' was not found
/usr/pkgsrc/wip/gettext-tools/../../mk/scripts/print-la-libnames:
`lib/libgettextsrc.a' was not found
/bin/ls: /usr/lib/libgettextlib.a: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: /usr/lib/libgettextsrc.a: No such file or directory

Should print-la-libnames make a PLIST entries correctly?

Should I install the two files on all platforms?

Should I process the .la files somehow before installation (but after it
is used) to remove the .a archive entries?

Any other packages have similar behaviour?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/