Subject: Re: how to prevent bulk builds from rebuilding packages?
To: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/04/2005 21:16:10
On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Louis  Guillaume wrote:

> . I attempt an initial bulk build for HOST_SPECIFIC_PACKAGES defined in
> mk.conf. ( mk/bulk/build -s )

> . When I go to do a new bulk build ( mk/bulk/build -s ) it rebuilds
> everything, even though there are successfully built binary packages in
> ${PACKAGES}.

I am not sure why it rebuild, probably because some file was updated.

Try setting USE_BULK_TIMESTAMPS=no in your mk.conf. That is what I use to
stop it from rebuilding packages when I have a good enough version
available.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/