Subject: Re: Netatalk 2.0.2 configure looking for DB library version in
To: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <>
From: Hauke Fath <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/04/2005 16:47:12
Am 04.04.2005 um 9:03 Uhr -0400 schrieb Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D.:
>Ok, I just tried this (after a delay caused by trying to build
>ethereal - more on that later) and got:

>MacIIvx# set
>MacIIvx# cvs login
>cvs login: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
>cvs [login aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.
>MacIIvx# echo $CVSROOT

In [t]csh, 'set' sets shell variables, not environment variables.
Use "setenv CVSROOT ':pserver:...'" instead.

>MacIIvx# cvs -d login
>Logging in to
>CVS password:   (here I typed "anoncvs")
>cvs login: warning: failed to open /root/.cvspass for reading: No
>such file or directory

Does /root exist? Apart from that, it's probably better to do the
checkout from a non-root account.

/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
  X     No Word docs in email	                  TU Darmstadt
/ \  Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281