Subject: Re: Xaw3d libraries not found by sysutils/xfm
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/04/2005 15:13:50
Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 01:35:22PM +0100, Chris Wareham wrote:
>
>>I assumed that buildlink3 would add the rpath. (I really must read the
>>section of the pkgsrc documentation that describes buildink ...) If it
>>isn't buildlink's job, what should be adding it?
>

> No, it's not buildlink's job to add it. It should be in the
> LDFLAGS or CFLAGS, either put in there by the package Makefile
> or by the program itself (pkg-config using ones manage to
> do that by themselves, for example).
>  Thomas

Thanks for the explanation. The xfm application uses imake, which
appears to be a little bit broken on my machine - perhaps as a result of
using Xorg instead of XFree86. Would a patch that adds
-Wl,-R${X11BASE}/lib to the Imakefile be the right approach?

Chris
--
One is not superior merely because one sees the world as odious.
                    Chateaubriand (1768-1848)