Subject: Re: Netatalk 2.0.2 configure looking for DB library version in vain
To: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drkilloran@speakeasy.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/04/2005 09:03:01
> On Mar 31, 2005, at 5:18 PM, Louis Guillaume wrote:
>

>> It's not really clear yet how far you got using pkgsrc, and what
>> exactly you tried before, so I'll try to explain the way I would do
>> it.
>>
>> Read through to the end first, because I've put some ideas for
>> building binary packages further down that you'd have to do first...
>>
>> 1. Get the latest pkgsrc...
>>
>> $ cd /usr
>> $ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
>> $ cvs login
>>   < type "anoncvs" for the password >
>> $ cvs checkout -r pkgsrc-2005Q1 -P pkgsrc
>>   < will take a while >
>>
>> ... Now you will have the latest stable pkgsrc in /usr/pkgsrc

Ok, I just tried this (after a delay caused by trying to build ethereal
- more on that later) and got:

MacIIvx# cd /usr
MacIIvx# export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
export: Command not found.    (oops! forgot I am using csh!)
MacIIvx# set CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
MacIIvx# cvs login
cvs login: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
cvs [login aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.
MacIIvx# echo $CVSROOT
:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
MacIIvx# cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot login
Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:2401/cvsroot
CVS password:   (here I typed "anoncvs")
cvs login: warning: failed to open /root/.cvspass for reading: No such
file or directory
MacIIvx#

What did I screw up?

Dan Killoran