Subject: Re: Circular dependency
To: None <darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/04/2005 07:33:25
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:37:35 -0500
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@NetBSD.org> wrote:
> I am trying to build KDE on a fresh install and I was stopped in
> audio/libcddb.  It appears to need cdio.h from misc/libcdio but that
> package fails looking for cdio.h from audio/libcddb.  Does anyone know
> how to resolve this?  I suppose I could manually copy the include
> files from the distribution into pkg/include but that doesn't seem
> like the right solution.  I expect I will get problems at the link
> phase anyway.

I can't believe that I am the only one seeing this.  Those two packages
definitely depend on each other.  I tried manually making the include
directory available for each but then I just fail at the link stage.
Each of these packages links the library from the other.  How are people
building these packages?  Someone told me that they install the binary
packages first and then build over them.  Is that my only option?
Someone must have built those binary packages at one time.  How?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/