Subject: Re: NO_BUILD and USE_PERL5
To: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@dokein.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/03/2005 23:54:19
On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:33:37 +0200 (CEST)
Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se> wrote:

> The converters/rpm2cpio is a very simple package that only consist of
> one perl file, so it sets NO_BUILD=YES and just installs that file.
>
> It does include ../../lang/perl5/buildlink3.mk to get the run time
> dependency on perl. But the perl dependency is not added when NO_BUILD
> is set...  Is this a bug or a feature in NO_BUILD?  (and if it is a
> feature, how should the package be fixed?)
>
> I'll create an empty do-build target in the package for now, since
> the current failure makes the bulk build of fonts/chkfontpath wait
> for user input...

This sounds like similair to pkg/29789 (fixed by jmmv changing how XMLCATMGR is defined)

The root of the problem being that when NO_BUILD is set, bsd.wrapper.mk doesn't include bsd.buildlink3.mk.  Which causes buildlink3 logic not to be run, and so some of the buildlink3 variables, and dependancies get missed.  XMLCATMGR was defined using one of these variables, so didn't get set correctly.

I'm not sure what the right fix is for this (and there maybe other places that are breaking because of it...)

Chris