Subject: May I update GQmpeg to 0.91.1?
To: None <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/03/2005 07:20:51
Hi,

I would like to update GQmpeg to 0.91.1.  It's listed as a
"development" release, but it's been out for a year now.  It seems to
be a fairly minor change from 0.20.0, the gist of the change being to
now use gtk2/pango.  It's a little prettier, but more importantly,
GQmpeg is presently the only package I use that still requires gtk1.

I know there's precedent to create another package (gqmpeg1?), but at
this point in time, it seems gtk1's days are numbered, so do we really
need that?  Unlike, say "gnome", the update entails no change to the
configuration, and apparently no functional changes at all.

Frederick