Subject: Re: Kde 3.4 and fontconfig (NetBSD-3.99.1 i386)
To: Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/01/2005 01:10:35
On Monday 28 March 2005 05:02, Sverre Froyen wrote:
> It looks like most Kde applications are using libraries from
> both /usr/pkg/lib and from /usr/X11R6/lib.  For instance:
>
> $ ldd /usr/pkg/bin/konsole
> /usr/pkg/bin/konsole:
	[...]
> is referencing libfontconfig.so.1 in both places and the same for libXft
> and libXrender.

Not sure why that is happening for you.  My builds only have the binaries
referencing the /usr/pkg versions.   Looks like some library that kde is
linking against has been built against the system versions of those libraries
so pulling both in.  Are you sure your build started completely from scratch?

> Is the jaggedness that I still observe related to this issue?

Have you switched antialiasing on in the KDE Control Center -> Appearance &
Themes -> Fonts?

cheers
mark