Subject: Re: xcdplayer problems.
To: Paul (NCC/CS). <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Dave <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/31/2005 21:34:47
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Paul (NCC/CS). wrote:

> Brilliant!  thks for help.
>
> attached is jpeg of a funny looking xcdplayer.
> Does xcdplayer use TCL?
> If so perhaps I should rebuild that pkg?
> other explanation?

It doesn't seem to depend on anything beyond a bare X11 setup.  The
jumbling you showed me looks typical of a missing resource file.  Check to
make sure /usr/pkg/lib/X11/app-defaults/XCdplayer is present and X11 knows
it should be looking there.

How old is your setup?  I had similar problems with Xmix when pkgsrc
started putting X11 setup files in /usr/pkg/lib/X11/ instead of
/usr/X11R6/.  I think updating pkgtools/x11-links and pkgtools/xpkgwedge
fixed the problem.

BTW, I'm under the impression that sending attachments to the NetBSD lists
is frowned upon.  I use weblinks instead.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu