Subject: CATEGORIES for asterisk?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/30/2005 13:45:46
--------------enigF979A65259F6102E7B9EE592

I'm cleaning up my package for the Asterisk software PBX, and one of the
things I have remaining to do is decide what its CATEGORIES should be...
I admit it's not at all clear to me.  One of the nearest things we
currently have in pkgsrc is chat/ser, the "SIP express router", but
somehow "chat" doesn't seem like the right category to me, since
everything else (or as nearly as I can tell at a glance) in "chat" seems
to be instant-message/IRC/text-messaging related.

On the other hand, if not "chat", what?  "net"?  That's where, for
example, "kphone" is.

Thoughts?  My initial inclination is that "net" is right for now, and as
we get more voice-related packages, we should consider adding a category...

Thanks,
+j