Subject: Re: x11/gtk2 doesn't build on Linux (SuSE 8.1)
To: Torsten Harenberg <harenberg@physik.uni-wuppertal.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/28/2005 11:12:20
On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 10:56 +0200, Torsten Harenberg wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> after upgrading  pkgsrc on my Linux box at work (running SuSE 8.1), I
> cannot build GTK2 anymore. As I read in some place that the dependency
> replacement could have gone wrong, I reinstalled pkgsrc completely, but
> the errors stays, so I plea for help here.
>
> Here's what I did (okay, all dependencies had been build at that place
> allready):
[details snipped]

Seems to be a problem in how pango was built.  Do the following and
paste the results:

/usr/pkg/bin/pkg-config --libs pangoxft

ldd /usr/pkg/lib/libpangoxft-1.0.so
	(libXft2 should appear among the libraries listed)

ls work*/.buildlink/lib/libX*
	(from within gtk2's directory, after a failed 'make configure')

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/