Subject: Re: patch: net/netcat fails to build on dragonfly
To: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/26/2005 13:58:42
On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Peter Schuller wrote:

> net/netcat fails to build on dragonfly with:
>
>    bmake: don't know how to make dragonfly. Stop
>
> The attached (trival) patch fixes it.

  NC_TARGET.Interix=     netbsd
  NC_TARGET.OpenBSD=     netbsd
 +NC_TARGET.DragonFly=    netbsd

I wonder if
NC_TARGET.DragonFly=	freebsd
would be better?

> (Is this the right venue for suggesting changes to make package DragonFly
> compatible?)

This list if fine, except you have a large chance that someone will
overlook or forget about this.

You can also directly email the maintainer, but in this case, there is not
maintainer.

If you use send-pr (or the web-based interface) to submit PR for GNATS for
the "pkg" category, then we can keep track of it.

I will commit this for you, if you think "netbsd" is preferred over
"freebsd" as the make target.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/