Subject: Re: pkgsrc vs mk.conf
To: Johnny Lam <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/24/2005 18:34:22
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Johnny Lam wrote:

> > So, what do you guys think of making the system's make and pkgsrc's
> > configuration separate?  And please remember that it is _not_ a matter of
> > enclosing stuff in .ifdef BSD_PKG_MK.
> I think this is a step in the right direction.  I would go farther and say
> that pkgsrc should just have a standalone set of *.mk files.

BTW, I forgot to reply about this point to the original poster (Quentin).
I'm happy with pkgsrc having its own make config files, but that does *not*
remove the requirement that MAKECONF be set to /dev/null to isolate possible
BSD make (including "native" BSD make) invocations from unexpected

-- Todd Vierling <> <>