Subject: Re: What happened to the good ntop?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/24/2005 18:02:32
[ On Thursday, March 24, 2005 at 22:15:24 (+0100), Hubert Feyrer wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: What happened to the good ntop?
>
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Alan Barrett wrote:
> > So, it there anything that does what the old ntop used to do?  Just
> > display stuff locally, using curses, and only monitoring the network,
> > not transmitting anything (except perhaps DNS lookups), and certainly
> > not phoning home.
>
> systat net, ipfstat -t

The net/trafshow package is pretty nifty too -- much more useful than
'systat net' (it has a report something like 'ipfstat -t', but for all
traffic, not just that matched in IPF state tables).  It may even be
exactly what you're looking for, though it's been a long time since I
used the old ntop....

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@robohack.ca>